Last updated on: November 15, 2021
1.1 Acast, along with its direct and indirect subsidiaries, is committed to protecting your privacy and we always aim to achieve a high level of protection for your personal data. Through these Survey Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) we aim to explain what data we collect about you through your participation in the Podcaster Survey, how we go about doing this, why we collect your data and how you can exercise your data privacy rights.
1.2 By participating in the Podcaster Survey (the “Survey”), you hereby acknowledge and consent to Acast’s use and processing of your personal data as described below.
1.3 For the purposes of applicable data privacy laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Acast AB (publ) (“Acast”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is the data controller responsible for the processing of your personal data pursuant to these Terms.
2. What personal data do we collect and what is our lawful basis for the processing?
2.1 Whenever you choose to participate in the Survey and submit your answers, Acast will collect and process your personal data. This includes, for example:
- Contact details (name, e-mail address, telephone number);
- Country of residence;
- Personal life data (hobbies, interests, home ownership status, educational background, etc.); and
- Any other personal data that you choose to give us.
2.2 In addition to the personal data listed above, we may also collect and process certain categories of sensitive personal data as defined in Article 9 GDPR, including:
- Data concerning your sexual orientation or sex life; and
- Data revealing your racial or ethnic origin.
Acast would like to make sure that you are fully aware that questions revealing some of your sensitive personal data (as described above) are entirely optional. If you do not wish Acast to collect and process that data, you may skip these questions.
2.3 The processing of your personal data described Section 2.1 and 2.2 above is based on your consent.
3. For which purposes do we process your data?
3.1 Acast collects and processes your personal data in order to:
- Find more advertising and/or sponsorship opportunities for your podcast brand that are relevant to you and your interests;
- Gain insights into your interests and preferences as a podcast host in order to make stronger connections between you and our advertisers and/or sponsors;
- Create vertical segments based on your demographics data for advertisers and/or sponsors to target specific campaigns based on those demographics;
- Promote your podcast brand in relevant situations (for e.g. Pride Month)
- For pitching your podcast brand to current and prospective advertisers and/or sponsors; and
- For internal use by the Acast sales and content team, including to monitor our DEI efforts.
3.2 For the avoidance of doubt, no answers given by you in the Survey will discredit / seek to amend any block list that has already been communicated by you to Acast.
4. Where will we store your data and for how long will it be retained?
4.1 Your personal data will be securely stored in Acast’s internal IT systems, such as G Suite. Acast will continuously ensure that we have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data.
4.2 In addition to the above, Acast will implement additional security measures to protect your sensitive personal data, as defined in Section 2.2 above. These measures include:
- Restricted access to the file only to Acast personnel that need to access the sensitive data, where those access rights will be reviewed periodically;
- Restriction to share the file only to Acast personnel that is set as owner of the file; and
- Restriction to download, print or copy the file only to Acast personnel that are set as administrators of the file.
4.3 Your personal data will be retained for as long as Acast will continue to monetize your podcast brand.
5. Will Acast share your data with any third parties?
5.1 Acast will not share the entirety of your Survey responses with any third-party. However, Acast may share the following:
- Insights regarding you, your podcast and/or your interests as we may deem relevant to create a commercial pitch for our advertisers and/or sponsors;
- Aggregated (i.e. anonymised) data collected from all participants to the Survey in order compile statistics regarding podcast demographics and/or categories in order to promote our products and/or services to third parties.
5.2 In respect of the above, Acast may transfer your personal data to an advertiser and/or sponsor or to another Acast Group entity located outside of the EU/EEA. Where that is the case and for the purposes of the GDPR, Acast will ensure that such transfer is carried out under an appropriate data transfer mechanism securing an adequate level of protection of your personal data, such as the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses for international transfers. Furthermore, where Acast transfers your personal data to another entity within the Acast group located outside of the EU/EEA, such transfer shall be governed by the intra-group Data Transfer Agreement in which the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses for international transfers are incorporated.
6. How can you exercise your privacy rights?
6.1 Acast would like to make sure that you are fully aware of all of your privacy rights. As an individual subject to Acast’s processing of your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right to withdraw consent: when we process your personal data based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall however not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal;
- Right of access: you can request access to the personal data we collect and process about you;
- Right to rectification: you can request that we update or correct any incomplete or inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- Right to erasure: you can request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to restriction: in certain circumstances, you can request that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to data portability: in certain circumstances, request that we send you a copy of the personal data we collect and process about you;
- Right to object: in certain circumstances, object to Company’s processing of your personal data; and
- Right to lodge a complaint: if you believe your personal data is not being processed in accordance with applicable privacy laws, you also have the right to lodge a complaint to the competent data protection authority.
6.2 If you want to exercise your data privacy rights, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com mentioning the right you wish you exercise and “Podcaster Survey” in the subject line.
7. Update to these Terms
We reserve the right to modify or amend these Terms at any time. When we make material changes to these Terms, we will make sure to notify you of those changes. Any changes to these Terms will become effective as of the date that appears at the very beginning of this document in the section “Last updated on”. Your continued participation in the Survey following the posting of changes will be deemed an acceptance of those changes.
8. How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding these Terms, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acast AB (publ)
Company reg. no. 556946-8498
Stockholm 111 35