The Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to another baby prince, but all anyone’s talking about is that bouncy blow dry, that red dress and those heels - a mere 7 hours after she gave birth. Is this glamorous portrayal of new motherhood doing a disservice to mothers and the trauma of birth? Why is it an inevitable part of Kate’s role as a princess? And could it in fact be a form of protection?
Also today: we discuss Millie Bobby Brown’s inclusion on Time’s 100 Most Influential List. The 14 year old actor has over 16 million Instagram followers and is currently producing her first film. Is she too young for such adulation?
You can email us firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @thehighlowshow.
- Lovesick on Netflix
- The Week Unwrapped, hosted by Olly Mann
- When Beauty Is A Troll, by Megan Garber for The Atlantic
- The Rise of Beauty-Standard Denialism, by Amanda Hess for The New York Times
- Heartburn, by Nora Ephron with an introduction by the author
- Cariad Lloyd on The Adam Buxton podcast
- No woman should have to pose post-birth, by Sali Hughes for The Pool
A weekly pop-culture / news podcast brought to you by Dolly Alderton & Pandora Sykes - the former co-hosts of The Pandolly Podcast.