Last updated on: March 25, 2022
1.1 Thank you for your interest in working with us. At Acast, we care about your privacy and we always aim to achieve a high level of protection for your personal data. Through this Privacy Notice for Job Applicants and Candidates (the "Privacy Notice"), we aim to explain what data we collect, why we collect it and for how long we will keep your data when you apply for a job at Acast.
1.2 For the purposes of applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR"), the Acast entity located in the country where you are applying for the job is the data controller responsible for the processing of your personal data pursuant to this Privacy Notice.
2. The personal data we process and why
2.1 We process your personal data when you apply for a job at Acast via any of our recruitment tools (such as Lever) and/or when you send us your application via e-mail or through any third-party which is contracted by Acast. Such personal data includes (but is not limited to):
- Your full name and contact details (including e-mail and phone number);
- Information included in your resume/CV and any portfolio, blog or website referred to in your application as well as information included in your LinkedIn profile if you have provided a link to it;
- Information regarding your eligibility to work in the country where you are applying for the job;
- Date as of when you are available to start the job;
- Information obtained in the course of your interviews with us or obtained through tests or references you have provided to us; and
- Any other information that you choose to give us during the application process.
2.2 We use the personal data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Reviewing your application and assess your qualifications, skills and suitability for you the job have applied for;
- Communicating with you throughout the application process;
- Making decisions about your application and prepare your employment agreement if you are offered a job at Acast;
- Informing you about other job opportunities at Acast that we think may be of interest to you (with your consent); and
- Comply with any legal obligation Acast may have and defending our company in case of legal claims.
3. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data
3.1 Our processing is based on our legitimate interest. We have performed a balancing test and have concluded that this processing is necessary for us to carry out our recruitment process and make decisions about your possible employment with us and that it will have minimal impact to your privacy.
3.2 We may also process your personal data for certain processing activities based on your consent, such as contacting you for future job opportunities at Acast. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
4. The retention of your personal data
4.2 Where we have processed your personal data based on your consent, the personal data collected about you will be retained for twenty-four (24) months following the date you have submitted your application for the purposes of informing you about other job opportunities at Acast we think may be of interest to you. We will delete your personal data at the expiration of the twenty-four (24) months period.
5. To whom to we disclose your personal data?
5.1 We may share your personal data to other Acast group entities in order to carry out the activities described in this Privacy Notice. We may also share your personal data with third-party service providers that provide us with recruitment tools and applications, such as Lever or BambooHR. Such third-parties are only allowed to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and pursuant to a data processing agreement agreed with Acast.
5.2 Certain recipients (such as Acast group entities or third-party service providers mentioned above) who process your personal data may be located outside of the EU/EEA. When that is the case, we will make sure that an appropriate data transfer mechanism is put in place to protect your personal data, for example by entering into a contract with the recipient in which the EU Commission's standard contractual clauses (available at the EU Commission's website) have been incorporated.
6. Your privacy rights
6.1 We would like to make sure that you are fully aware of all of your privacy rights. As an individual subject to Acast's processing of your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent for the processing of your personal data (please note, however, that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before the withdrawal);
- Request access to the personal data we collect and process about you;
- Request that we update or correct any incomplete or inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- Request that we delete your personal data or that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- In certain circumstances, request that we send you a copy of the personal data we collect and process about you;
- In certain circumstances, object to Acast's processing of your personal data;
- If you believe your personal data is not being processed in accordance with applicable privacy laws, you also have the right to lodge a complaint to the competent data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
6.2 If you would like to exercise any of your privacy rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How to contact us
If you wat to request information about this Privacy Notice of exercise your rights detailed above, please contact us at email@example.com.