Legal Counsel – London
Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, and Sydney. We have over 120M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly.
Acast is looking for a legal counsel with a strong commercial contract and copyright background to join the team in London. In this role you will support on a wide range of commercial matters for all aspects of the Acast business including global content and distribution contracts, ad sales agreements and GDPR, privacy and general commercial contractual issues across strategy, content, sales, PR and communications matters. You will have come from a fast paced environment, preferably media, fintech or similar.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Assist with the drafting of commercial documentation relating to all activities of the business, including agreements relating to the content, sales and distribution.
- Support the content and sales teams around the globe in drafting and negotiating agreements.
- Support the Acast business in general on all markets but in the UK, US and Australian market in particular.
- Qualified lawyer (2-4 PQE) with relevant commercial experience
- Degree level qualified LLB in Law or equivalent
- Outstanding legal and commercial judgment
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced environment
- A solid understanding of the principles of contractual and commercial law
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for the role with a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to prioritise efficiently, and communicate regularly and appropriately with other departments is essential
- Must be able to work independently, have the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the digital industry is an advantage but not essential.
- Experience from working in US media sector and knowledge of New York law is a merit.
The role will be based in London and will report to the General Counsel in Stockholm. Some travelling predominantly to Stockholm, will be required.