Acast was founded in 2014 and is the world’s largest independent podcast company.
A pioneer in the open podcast ecosystem, Acast’s powerful podcast monetization marketplace delivers for
creators and advertisers alike. Advertisers can efficiently target an engaged audience of listeners through
dynamic ad insertion, while podcasters are given access to a range of monetization opportunities — including
paid subscriptions through Acast+ — and the necessary tools to expand their listener base.
If you listen to a podcast hosted with Acast and hear an ad, it’s Acast delivering that audio behind the scenes
— and sharing revenue with the podcaster.
The company has a global footprint across 12 countries and, during 2021, had 3.75 billion listens on Acast-
connected podcasts. Today, Acast hosts 40,000 shows. Acast’s headquarters are located in Stockholm,
Sweden and the Company has nine local subsidiaries in the UK, US, Australia, Norway, France, Germany,
Ireland, Mexico and Canada.
Acast is growing and we are now looking for a Sales Planner for our office in Sydney. Do you want to be part of our journey and the future of podcasting?
The Sales Planner is the first step to a successful commercial career at Acast. You will be an essential sales support to the wider Sales Team focusing on the pre-sale phase of the campaign cycle across multiple markets.
Your responsibilities will range from helping create media plans, building pitch documents and liaising with podcasters on the suitability of their inclusion on pitches; through to booking, trafficking and reporting campaigns. As Sales Planner you will be an integral part of the commercial team tasked with understanding the opportunities for alignment of brands with podcasters.
About the role
- Assist in responding to client briefs for advertising campaigns
- Work with sales, content, ad ops & finance to ensure smooth delivery of all campaigns
- Liaising with agency & client to set up, deliver & report podcast campaigns
- Liaising with podcasters to manage & monetise their inventory
- Manage multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Day to day reporting & update of campaign status
- Help building & creating sales collateral
- Identify target brands & clients
- Working closely with content team to understand commercial opportunities
- Create sales plans & proposals, responding to briefs
- Internal reporting – updating ad & sponsorship inventory
- Ensure all relevant invoicing details are correct on bookings
Who you are
- Ideally 1-3 years within sales/marketing or agency, but we’re also open to someone looking for an entry level position
- Ability to prioritise and act with a high level of flexibility
- Fantastic organisation skills
- Self starter & motivator
- Being able to show drive, resilience and tenacity
- Microsoft Office experience
- One of the fastest growing & exciting mediums right now
- Innovative & buzzy workplace
- Unrivalled team culture
- Rewarding, fulfilling & hugely enjoyable
- Ability to progress career in different directions
- Acast is a global business in hyper growth
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!