Acast is The World’s fastest growing podcast platform. We work with premium global publishers and independent podcasters to host, distribute, grow and monetise their audio content. Our partners include the BBC, The FT, The Economist, Vice, Yahoo, Conde Nast, Huffington Post, The Guardian as well as leading independent podcasters like My Dad Wrote a Porno, Unexplained and The High Low.
Founded in 2014, Acast is headquartered in one of the fastest growing tech capitals in the world, Stockholm, Sweden. We also have offices in London, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Sydney and Paris. Our amazing staff of 125 people worldwide is filled with passionate technologists, sales superstars, and marketing talents who have sharpened their skills at world-class companies.
We are looking for an experienced and deeply passionate Director of Content to be a key member of the newly created Berlin team. You will be responsible for shaping Acast’s content strategy in Germany leading content acquisitions and developing content-related new businesses. Ideally, you will be a real self-starter, think creatively, act collaboratively, solve problems strategically and embody a strong passion for spoken-word and audio content. You will be based in our Berlin office and report to the Global Head of Content in London.
With audio devices starting to fill our homes and podcasting becoming a mainstream media habit, the opportunity is large and exciting. Our ad-tech is best in class and we are now building our team of content experts who can harness new technology and integrations to grow podcast audiences in Germany and beyond.
Ideally, you’ll have 5+ years of content and/or licensing experience (ideally in digital and/or media), a strong network within media companies in Germany and In-depth knowledge and understanding of the German market and media industry.
You will have a demonstrated track record of success and leadership expertise in a tech/media environment, Exceptional relationship management, negotiation and leadership skills and a proven ability to communicate and navigate through multiple disciplines, departments and across different cultures.
You’ll be negotiating licensing agreements, interpreting legal documents and working with attorneys to complete agreements.
You’ll be a team player that is collaborative, diplomatic and flexible. You’ll be fluent in both written and spoken German and English.
What you’ll do
• Develop and execute DE content strategy including recruiting, negotiating and implementing licensing relationships with content providers (media networks, broadcasters, podcasters & brands)
• Manage high-level relationships with current and future content publishing partners
• Work collaboratively with colleagues globally cross-departmentally to drive the strategic goals of the company.
• Work closely with our global sales teams to ensure podcasters receive maximum revenue.
• Input on the tech roadmap to ensure we offer our creators the best in class tools to grow and share their shows.
• Work with 3rd party platforms and technologies to integrate Acast content with emerging platforms and devices.
• Evangelize on the power of podcasts at creator meetups, industry events and as part of our global PR outreach.
We are a flat organization that works towards enabling teams to make the best possible decisions rather than having decisions made for them. We believe in autonomy and a culture of continuous improvement.
Do you want to be part of our ongoing journey? Apply now!