Acast is The World’s fastest growing podcast platform. We work with premium global publishers and independent podcasters to host, distribute, grow and monetise their audio content. Our partners include the BBC, The FT, The Economist, Vice, Yahoo, Conde Nast, Huffington Post, The Guardian as well as leading independent podcasters like My Dad Wrote a Porno, Unexplained and The High Low.
Founded in 2014, Acast is headquartered in one of the fastest growing tech capitals in the world, Stockholm, Sweden. We also have offices in London, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles and Sydney. Our amazing staff of 100 people worldwide is filled with passionate technologists, sales superstars, and marketing talents who have sharpened their skills at world-class companies.
We are looking for an experienced and deeply passionate Director of Content to be a key member of the newly created Paris team. You will be responsible for shaping Acast’s content strategy in France, leading content acquisitions and developing content-related new businesses. Ideally, you will be a real self starter, think creatively, act collaboratively, solve problems strategically and embody a strong passion for spoken-word and audio content. You will be based in our Paris office and report to the Global Head of Content in London.
With audio devices starting to fill our homes and podcasting becoming a mainstream media habit, the opportunity is large and exciting. Our ad-tech is best in class and we are now building our team of content experts who can harness new technology and integrations to grow podcast audiences in France and beyond.
• Develop and execute FR content strategy including recruiting, negotiating and implementing licensing relationships with content providers (media networks, broadcasters, podcasters & brands)
• Manage high level relationships with current and future content publishing partners
• Work collaboratively with colleagues globally cross-departmentally to drive the strategic goals of the company.
• Work closely with our global sales teams to ensure podcasters receive maximum revenue.
• Input on the tech roadmap to ensure we offer our creators the best in class tools to grow and share their shows.
• Work with 3rd party platforms and technologies to integrate Acast content with emerging platforms and devices.
• Evangelize on the power of podcasts at creator meet ups, industry events and as part of our global PR outreach.
• 5+ years of content and/or licensing experience (ideally in digital and/or media)
• Strong network within media companies in France.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of French market and media industry
• Demonstrated track record of success and leadership expertise in a tech/media environment
• Exceptional relationship management, negotiation and leadership skills
•Proven ability to communicate and navigate through multiple disciplines, departments and across different cultures
•Ability to negotiate licensing agreements, interpret legal documents and work with attorneys to complete agreements
•Team player that is collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
•Fluent in both written and spoken French and English