Acast was founded in 2014 and is the world’s largest independent podcast company.
A pioneer in the open podcast ecosystem, Acast’s powerful podcast monetization marketplace delivers for
creators and advertisers alike. Advertisers can efficiently target an engaged audience of listeners through
dynamic ad insertion, while podcasters are given access to a range of monetization opportunities — including
paid subscriptions through Acast+ — and the necessary tools to expand their listener base.
If you listen to a podcast hosted with Acast and hear an ad, it’s Acast delivering that audio behind the scenes
— and sharing revenue with the podcaster.
The company has a global footprint across 12 countries and, during 2021, had 3.75 billion listens on Acast-
connected podcasts. Today, Acast hosts 40,000 shows. Acast’s headquarters are located in Stockholm,
Sweden and the Company has nine local subsidiaries in the UK, US, Australia, Norway, France, Germany,
Ireland, Mexico and Canada.
About the role
We are now looking for a driven Accounts Receivable Specialist to our team in the United States. We're a tight team who thrive together, we laugh a lot and are open and supportive of each other.
Accounts Receivable team, total of three people, works closely with our sales teams, and our customers, in all our markets globally. Your responsibilities will range from invoicing, book payments, issuing credit notes, monthly reconciliations, to debt collection and credit control follow up.
In the role is also a part of customer support, answering errands regarding invoices and payments, to our customers.You will be working in our ERP system Netsuite. Other internal systems are Balancer, Task Manager and Matcher, for book-keeping and monthly closing.
What you'll do
- Keep track of the DSO (Days of Sales Outstanding) report primarily for the US market
- Ensure all customer cards are accurate, up to date and include all necessary payment information.
- Ensure the governance of all SO’s, highlighting to DOS if there are any issues with team members missing any of the crucial information/steps required when booking a campaign in Netsuite.
- Performing credit checks in Bisnode
- Reconcile IO against invoice prior to billing
- Ensure that entire chain of sold ads reconcile with invoicing and Pod-payouts
- Manage and Follow up on unpaid due invoices, including arranging and attending to relevant meetings with sales teams and/or customers
- Investigate the backlog of unpaid invoices – identifying areas of our process that require improvement and offering solutions
Who you are:
- At least three years’ experience from accounting and work with Accounts Receivable
- The ability to handle large transaction volumes, but still see the specific customer
- Sense for details and thoroughness – as always in the finance work
- Service minded approach to our customers and internal sales teams
- Experience with accounting of AR in an international organization, preferably from a listed company
- Experience from working with deadlines and month end closing
- Experience from the advertising industry is preferable.
- Finalizing the monthly numbers correctly and timely is a group delivery - and we all are equally important in the process
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!