Podcasting is among the fastest growing media, but has not yet been properly monetized. To fill this gap, Acast was created in 2014.
The podcast inserts itself into the mega-trend of on-demand entertainment consumption: Users can follow on audio programs wherever and whenever they want. Developments in the technology infrastructure have finally allowed podcasting to establish itself as the next generation radio, and conquer the attention of millions who daily consume audio content.
During next five years it is estimated the podcasts may reach the audience of more than 1 billion listeners. Acast, as the first podcast system able to combine services to all the podcasting stakeholders (listeners, podcasters and advertisers) as well as technologies such as dynamic ad insertion, an intuitive system for all podcasters, and an easily searchable podcasts library, will establish itself as the market leader, de facto replicating the success of similar industries.
Currently, Acast has over 150 M monthly listens, has attracted corporate advertisers and hosts podcasts from well-known international media houses. Acast has developed the cornerstone of its all-in-one system: its unique ad insertion technology, which has enabled the company to generate revenues from 2014, its 1st year of operation. This technology is set to change podcast monetisation via ads, currently still following an old fashioned sponsorship model. Acast allows advertisers to target specific audience segments and change their ads any time.
Acast is now further improving its system for listeners and podcasters, to make podcasting a major new communication channel produced by people for the people. This project enables Acast to fully automate and scale up the key features of its system, thus positioning Acast on the right track to become the global leader in the audio-on-demand market.
- Acast has c. 300M monthly listens on its platform.
- Acast hosts more than 20,000 shows worldwide.
- Acast monetizes household name media brands like the BBC, Daily Beast, the Guardian, HuffPost, the Economist, gal-dem, and the Financial Times, to shows from celebrities and influencers such as Table Manners with Jessie Ware, Wahlgren & Wistam, My Dad Wrote a Porno, JLC and Romesh Ranganathan’s Hip Hop Saved My Life.
- Acast has over 250 employees and operates on the ground in 10 markets around the world, including Sweden, UK, US, Australia, Norway, France, Germany, Mexico, Ireland and Canada
In accordance with the Instruction for the Nomination Committee adopted by the Annual General Meeting of shareholders (“AGM”), the Nomination Committee of Acast AB shall consist of four members.The Nomination Committee’s proposal to the AGM shall be submitted in due time prior to the AGM. If possible, the recommendation shall be made available to shareholders at the latest
simultaneously with the notice of the general meeting.The Nomination Committee is responsible for preparing and presenting proposals for the members of the board, the board compensation, the chairman of the AGM, the audit fees, the rules for the Nomination Committee and the election of auditors.The Nomination Committee’s members are:
- Hjalmar Didrikson, Garden Street Stories AB
- Anders Lindeberg, Moor&Moor AB
- Jonas von Hedenberg, Bonnier Ventures AB
- Andrea Gisle Joosen, Chair of the Acast Board
Shareholders who would like to submit proposals to the Nomination Committee are welcome to contact the Nomination Committee.
By ordering mail:
Attn: Nomination Committee
SE-111 35 Stockholm
If you have any investor relations queries, please contact Emily Villatte (email@example.com)
Extraordinary General Meeting
Please click on the links below to access the documents for the Acast Extraordinary General Meeting
- Acast - Kallelse till extrastämma_Notice EGM_April 1_2021
- Acast AB - Appendix 3 LTI 2018 - Warrant Terms Sweden 2018-06-13 (amended 2021-04-01)
- Acast AB - Appendix 3 LTI 2018 - Warrant Terms UK Ross Adams (amended 2021-04-01)
- Acast - Form for notification of participation and postal voting (ENG)
- Acast - Formulär för poströstning (SVE)
Power of Attorney for shareholder's meeting
Articles of Association
Annual General Meeting
Please click on the links below to access the documents for the Acast Annual General Meeting